Keratsini is a huge suburban area of Piraeus as well as part of the Athens city complex. The distance from the facility of Athens is about 11 km. The area was formerly a farmhouse, yet it was strongly urbanized, generally after the 1950s. The main square of Evgenia is decorated by the statue of the Asia Minor, which was put up in memory of the refugees from the Asia Minor Disaster settled in the location. Pavlos Fissa Opportunity is the industrial area of the city with lots of stores.
The Ancient Times
Key Entryway: I am
The initial negotiation of the Municipality was built on the hillside of Agios Georgios Hillside at a factor beneficial to the opportunity of raids and visibility mixed-up. The foundations alongside the church of St. George and the numerous finds provide evidence that the first settlement in the area was constructed around 3000 BC. The name of the location was Thymedata and was neighboring with the piratical settlement of Heracles, both of which came from Old Athens. The negotiation was found on the existing Opportunity of Democracy, which links Piraeus, Keratsini as well as Perama and also the facility of Athens. It is hypothesized that Theseus built his ships there, based upon Plutarch's referral to the Parallel Life. The site https://newspro.gr/ochi-sto-xepoylima-toy-keratsinioy-kai-tis-drapetsonas was deserted briefly when Xerxes cleared up there.
The history of the District during the Roman as well as Oriental durations is unknown. In the 17th century, on capital of Agios Georgios was constructed the first church in the name of Saint Nicholas. The monks of the abbey of Agios Spyridon called the area from Agios Dionysios (old borders) to capital of Agios Georgios Agriamen. However, this name did not prevail. The main name, both in Ottoman and also Greek documents, was Keratsinion or Tseratsinion, with the latter being extra prevalent. The very first one http://www.thefreedictionary.com/keratsini dominated in the Modern Greek periods. The name Keratsinion is a complicated word from the Kerathia that sprouted there and also from the name of the proprietor of the whole area from capital of Agios Georgios to the Manitica and from today's cemetery of Anastasios to Drapetsona, called Ginis or Gynis.
During the Greek Revolution, Georgios Karaiskakis, that developed the strongholds in Tabouria, resolved in Keratsini. In 1827 the city was ruined by Kioutachis Pasha and also continued to be deserted till 1830. In 1836 the citizens started to settle again and in 1840 the area (currently called New town of Tseratsini) belonged to the Town of Athens. In 1870 it ended up being an autonomous neighborhood called Keratsini Town. The Piraeus, in honor of Karaiskakis, developed a holy place next to the chapel of Agios Nikolaos. In 1879 the site was remodelled and converted into a monastery. In 1963, the temple was destroyed as well as a young man was built in 2000. Each year, the "Karaiskakia" is organized by the Holy Church of St. George, wanting to honor the Revolutionary Hero, George Karaiskakis.
After the arrival of the evacuees from Smyrna on 18 January 1934 the location was transformed right into a municipality called the District of Tabouri. Later on it was relabelled to the District of Agios Georgios Keratsini, and from 1936 to 1947 the district was called the Community of Amfialis on the campaign of the after that mayor, Konstantinos Filandrou. In 1947 the here and now name was established, the Municipality of Keratsini.
In Keratsini, on 13 October 1944, the Fight of Electric, a dispute between ELAS and also armed workers as well as various other people on the one hand and the retreating German conquerors on the various other. The triumph of the former prevented the devastation of the nuclear power plant, which the latter tried to blow up. The damage of the plant would certainly make it difficult for the basin to be energized for a long time. There is an exhibit of the Historical Archive of PPC as well as a memorial to the dead fighters has been set up.
Leoforos Dimokratis - Keratsini
The Town of Keratsini is associated with the community of Drapetsona in 2011 along with various other communities in Greece.